Samsondale Avenue Bridge
Latest News: As of April 01, 2019, the Samsondale Avenue Bridge will be closed for approximately four to six weeks for completion of additional work to bridge sidewalks, brick facade walls, lighting and paving.
- The Samsondale Avenue Bridge is currently open but scheduled to close again towards the end of April 2019, for approximately one month, for completion of additional work to sidewalks, lighting and walls.
- The Village DPW has reinstalled the stop signs and repainted the stop bars at the intersection of Samsondale Avenue and Railroad Avenue. Please remember to stop at the intersection.
- As of August 1, the project is on schedule with an anticipated opening to vehicular traffic by the end of the year. The Village has requested additional lighting to the project and is working on the plan.
- Samsondale Avenue Bridge Simulation
- The Samsondale Avenue Replacement Bridge project has begun. Traffic will be re-routed for the duration of the project. When traveling east on Railroad Avenue, traffic will be re-routed to Wayne Avenue. When traveling north on Samsondale Avenue, traffic will be detoured to Tanneyann’s Lane. Please anticipate delays and seek out alternate routes if possible.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Mayor’s office at 845-947-2800.